KAHOOT math strategies in action! Students were excited to use dry erase markers on their desk to show addition strategies of their choice to solve equations!
Good luck to Ms. Royal! We so enjoyed working, teaching, and learning with you for 8 weeks! Go inspire the next generation!
Thank you to Kim Pacetti for being our Mystery Reader this week! We enjoyed hearing “The Blue Balloon” by Melanie Cavanaugh. It was so cool to see LOCAL sites in the book and dicuss the importance of proctecting our sea life!
What LEARNING and GROWING went on in room 217 this week:
ELA: Class Novel: Muggie Maggie by Beverly Cleary, CENTRAL MEANING, MORAL, or LESSON in a fable, bossy r
Writing: SILLY SENTENCES with a focus on writing complete, quality sentences
Math: Partial sums and a continuation of addition strategies
Science: rocks an minerals to prepare for our excavation next week with Diamond Del!
Students of the week:
Eleanor and Maddox
Thank you for showing perseverence and being TEAM PLAYERS this week!
- 10/8: In-school GEM field trip
- 10/10: Gifted screener – if your child has already been identified, they will not be tested again and will go to the guidance counselors room at that time.
- 10/11: Liana Valla – Mystery Reader @ 9:30 (email me if you need to make any changes and your CLUES for me to give the class!)
- 10/11: 1st quarter ends
- 10/14: HURRICANE MAKE-UP DAY
- 10/25: Parade of characters – 8:45 am – meet us at the bus loop!
- 10/25: Sam Stark – Mystery Reader @ 9:30 (email me if you need to make any changes and your CLUES for me to give the class!)
- 10/25: Fall Festival – 5:30-7:30
- 10/29: Report cards on HAC