Parent Letter 3/26/2020

Dear Students, Parents, and Guardians,

As a result of the rapidly changing impact of COVID-19, we are working to ensure that quality, standards-based instruction continues for everyone.

As your child’s gifted itinerant/resource teacher I am here for additional help and provision of resources. You can contact me for anything that you may need at [email protected]

You will receive further communication from me addressing your child’s unique needs in their upcoming days, as well how to proceed with Gifted Educational Plan (EP) meetings and/or 5th and 8th grade progression EP meetings.

My goal is to continue to connect with students and you.  I also have a new Google Voice number so you can call or text during my home office hours at (904) 567-6172. Additionally, I will be available every Tuesday and Thursday from 6-8PM.

Elementary parents, you will likely see a gifted/enrichment folder (internet resources, videos, puzzle downloads, social emotional support, etc.) on your child’s classroom teachers Schoology page in the near future. If your child’s classroom teacher is using a platform other than Schoology, you will still be able to access the enrichment folder from my website.

Middle school parents, your child has been part of my Schoology page all year. If for some reason your student does not have access, please e-mail me, and I will be able to change this. I will continue to connect with them through Schoology.

I will continue to post information on my website.

Helen Keller once said, “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” I believe this speaks volumes right now. I will continue to support you and our gifted students during this challenging time.

Thank you,

Brandie Seaman, M.Ed.

Gifted Consultative Teacher

This entry was posted in News & Updates. Bookmark the permalink.