Fun with calculator games and riddles!
Congratulations to these students for having perfect attendance during November and December!
16/17 students in spirit wear or red – 94%! Let’s see if we can get 100% next time!
What LEARNING and GROWING went on in room 217 this week:
ELA: Class Novel: Cam Jansen and the Snowy Day Mystery; Connections between STEPS; base words and suffixes -ful and-less
Writing: Continued nonfiction writing
Social Studies: Map skills
Students of the week:
Zeva and Sam
Thank you for being resilient and determined this week!
- 1/27-1/30: LITERACY WEEK! Don’t forget to dress up! Specifics are listed below.
- 1/31: Teacher Inservice – no school for students
- 2/4: Whitney Lab Traveling Zoo (in-school field trip)
- 2/7: Zinnia’s mom Mystery Reader – don’t forget to email me your 3 clues!
- 2/14: Valentines Day! More info to come!
- 2/17: President’s Day – No school
- 2/24: Biography Projects due (info going home today)
- 2/25: Social Media Presentation – 6pm in the Media Center. Be sure to RSVP with the front office!
Celebrate Literacy Week
Book Your Trip. We are going on a reading adventure!
Monday: Destination T-shirts (wear a t-shirt with words or pictures of a place you like to travel)
Tuesday: Tacky Tourist Tuesday (wear your wackiest tourist outfit)
Wednesday: “Oh the Places You’ll Go”(wear your school (middle/high/college) spirit wear)
Thursday: Walk the runway dressed in this season’s latest SSYRA character (8:35 cafeteria)*