Class Picture Day! Love this crew! We missed you Zeva!
Thank you to Alsea’s mom for being our MYSTERY READER this week! She is a MARINE BIOLOGIST at Whitney Lab and taught us SO much about what she researches – hydractinia! Look it up! What a cool job! She also brought us some AWESOME prizes for our class! Thank you! We are so grateful!
What LEARNING and GROWING went on in room 217 this week:
ELA: Class Novel: Miss Holly is Too Jolly by Dan Gutman; connections between historical events; words ending with -er and -est
Writing: Publishing favorite story from 2nd quarter
Math: Number Patterns
Social Studies: Holidays around the World
Students of the week:
Zinnia and Noah
Thank you for being FOCUSED and THOUGHTFUL this week.
- 12/14: Breakfast with Santa
- 12/19: POLAR EXPRESS DAY! Wear your jammies!
- 12/20: Class Holiday Breakfast – 9:15-10:00 – LAST DAY – early RELEASE!
- 1/6: Classes Resume
- 1/10: Maddy’s Mom – Mystery Reader
- 1/20: MLK Jr. Day – No school
- 1/24: Maddox’s Dad – Mystery Reader
- 1/31: Teacher In-service – no school for students
- Don’t forget to send in items for our Holiday Breakfast Friday morning! If they are non-perishable feel free to send them early. Thank you for your generosity!