October 9 – 13

Surfs up Dude Skeleton Hand SVG & JPEG Download - Etsy

Storybook Character Parade - News and Announcements -

On Friday, October 27th we will have our annual Parade of Characters.  I am encouraging students to bring a book to match their costume.  Remember – no weapons or blood and guts!  Families are welcome to join us.  You must be an approved volunteer.   Parents are required to submit their information for a pre-printed badge before October 19th.  Information was emailed from the office yesterday.  Please let me know if you need me to make a hard copy for you to be sent home.    Lastly, Please send in a change of clothes if you think your child will be uncomfortable in their costume the remainder of the day.  

Halloween Party Sign Theme Image 1. Royalty Free SVG, Cliparts, Vectors, and Stock Illustration. Image 85135209.

A sign-up genius was sent out today to sign up for treats to donate for our class Halloween celebration on the 27th.  Students will have regular lunch that day.  Please send in items on or before Friday, October 27th.  We have 22 students total.  Thank you so much for your contributions!

Image result for academic images

Academics:

ELA: connecting text to illustrations, compound words

Math:  Unit 4, geometry

Science:  Scientific Tools

Social Studies: Review week

It's Halloween, I'm Turning Green! ( My Weird School Special) (paperback) By Dan Gutman : Target

Our next class novel will be “It’s Halloween, I’m turning Green” by Dan Gutman.  Please let me know if you would like an alternate assignment for your child.

Lina

Thank you for being empathetic and encouraging this week!

Image result for calendar

Important Dates:

• 10/13:  end of 1st quarter
  • 10/16:  Teacher planning day – no school for students
  • 10/19:  PTA meeting @ 8:45 am
  • 10/24:  Character Counts program @ 9:00
  • 10/27:  Fall Festival, Parade of Characters

Reminders:

*PLEASE encourage  your child to read nightly!

Check H.A.C and weekly

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.