Its a NEW YEAR! Welcome 2021!

Happy New Year and Welcome Back!

I hope each of you had a restful and meaningful time with your family and friends during the winter break. As an educator I am so thankful for all the opportunities to impact young lives. Students are the reason I love my job! As we all returned to school this week, the atmosphere was very positive, I am glad to be back and working with your child!

As the second semester approaches, my vision for the  students is to see them ALL fulfill their highest potential. My 2021 wish for my students is that they experience success  through good, consistent attendance, perseverance, utilizing help from teachers and peers, and working diligently. These traits will build good habits and character that will carry them profitably throughout their lives.

Schoology postings and surveys will continue to be used throughout the second semester. Please remind your child to check their gifted course or group for fun activities, resources, updates and check in surveys. The check-in surveys are done monthly and very important in helping me gauge where students are at academically and social/emotionally.

The second semesters is always an important time of year as students and parents start to look to the horizon and plan for next year, this is especially true for our 5th graders moving to the middle school and 8th graders progressing to the high school. Keep an ear and eye out about important information from your child’s home school about important upcoming events as we progress further into the semester.

Progression EP’s will also take place for those rising 5th and 8th  grade student’s. More information to follow in regards to Gifted EP Meetings for those parents and students. 

Lastly, this week I sent out a Remind sharing an activity for this week, which was posted on schoology/flip grid, that I did with the students. The “Un-Resolution” of 2021 is a great way to define our New Year in one word. I have included it below:

My word for 2021 is COMMITMENT. Those that are most important to me have always been committed to my family and me.  Commitment is all around us.  People who are successful in life are committed; think of athletes, leaders, teachers, doctors, etc.  (the list can go on and on.)

I want to stay committed to my health, be more committed it my family and friends, and stay committed to my job (which I love!)

COMMITMENT is my 2021 WORD! What is yours?

As always , if you have any questions or concerns- please do not hesitate to reach out.

Happy New Year.

Jaci Racano

[email protected]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.