As our school year comes to a close….

Dear Families,

First, let me say I hope you all are safe and healthy as you read this letter.  Thank you so much for your patience and understanding as we have been adjusting, like you, to the drastic changes in life during the last few weeks. I am extremely appreciative of our students, parents, teachers, staff, and administrators for their positivity, flexibility and resilience during these trying times. A huge debt of gratitude also goes to all of our doctors, nurses, hospital employees, first responders, and our state leaders for all they are doing to keep us safe and healthy.  It has been a time like no other and we have made it to the end of the school year!

Our goal as teachers and a district was to provide continuous educational opportunities and practice for students while school campuses remained closed but also to eliminate as much stress as feasibly possible for students, parents, and teachers. I hope that we were able to achieve this, to some degree, and everyone can take a break and enjoy this time off with their families while we adjust to the new guidelines.

Please keep an eye out for emails that pertain to returning materials to your schools and picking up anything that was left on campuses. These days will be different for each school and times will be flexible. For our students that are rising to middle school and venturing out into the world as 2020 High School Graduates, we applaud you and all that you have accomplished. This year has been like no other and you marked history with your rise to the challenge and finishing the year strong.

In closing, one of our focus points for our students during the 2019-2020 school year has been having a “growth mindset.” A growth mindset unlocks our ability to learn and grow especially during challenging times. Little did we know how important this growth mindset would be for all of us this year! Because of this experience and our growth mindset, I believe we all will be stronger when we come out on the other side of the COVID-19 Pandemic! History is being written! We hold the pen! Together, we will write the BEST story for our children!

Please contact me at any time if you or your students need support. I will continue to check my email and Schoology periodically over the summer.

Stay strong! Stay healthy!

Fondly yours,

Jaci Racano

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.