Grace, Gratitude and Gifted with Erin Arnold

Thank you, as always, Erin Arnold for sharing your post- I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Please read below and as we reflect on Erin’s post, please do not forget to hang in there- we are all in this together.

I have enjoyed seeing you children this week through the Schoology conferences.                                           Our tentative schedule (always subject to change) will be:
M/F HS Conference @ 1:00
Tuesday WDH k-3 @ 10:00 4 & 5 2 10:30
Wednesday MMS 6th@ 10 7th@ 10:30 8th@11:00

I am available to conference one on one with your child and/or you during my evening office hours T/Thurs 5-7. Please email, call or text me to schedule a conference. 

———————————————————————————————————————–

Hi Everyone!
The above quote (cheesy kitten and all) goes out to all of you who have envisioned throwing a laptop across the room in the last two days.

Take a deep breath.

The urge to smash the computers is a natural feeling due to the state of things. Self-control is a limited resource and many of us are tapped out right now.

That’s OK.

Many of you are not just my students’ parents but are also my friends or our kids are friends. I know that you have stressors outside of the virtual learning conundrum. Some of you are financially dependent on the service and tourism industries in town. Some of you may have been laid off or have had to lay off staff of your own. There are some of you who have autoimmune diseases/underlying health conditions, kids with the same or asthma, and/or elderly parents that you are worried about. All of you are in my thoughts.
Don’t let the virtual school technical issues be another worry.
If you are approaching a breaking point and your self-control tank is below empty- take another deep breath. Make a short list of things that ARE going well. Show gratitude for those things. Now- make a list of the things that WILL go well- be grateful for them before they happen. Manifest it.
As far as our kids and virtual learning goes- here are my tried tips for the week:
Go through each course and group (some teachers have both) and make a weekly “To Do” list by class. Don’t forget to check BOTH materials and updates.

Make a list of each conference for each day and post it in a visible spot, help your child set reminders in their phones, AND have them write the dates/times in their planners (or one of the digital organizers provided by teachers- ask me if you need one!).

Remember- conferences won’t work with Edge or Explorer- you need Chrome or another browser.

If you can’t get in the conference- don’t panic! Have your child send the teacher a message to let them know that they are having issues. Most teachers are recording the conferences for later viewing.

Be passive aggressive with your child and let them know that if they can’t figure out how to use Office 365, they will probably be living on your couch as an adult- thus making you a failure as a parent. Just kidding. This didn’t help or motivate my kids at all.

Please let me know if I can help in ANY WAY. If you need someone to talk you through a problem on Schoology or a pep talk to keep you from smashing everyone’s electronics- I am here.

Best of luck and try not to be one of the computer smashers!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.