November 14-18

NAtive American 3 Native American 2 Native American 1

We had a very informative lesson on Native Americans Thursday!

shannon poole

Thank you to Leta’s Mom, Shannon Poole for coming to read to us today!  We enjoyed having you!

baby shower

What a SUPER SURPRISE!  Thank you so much to my sweet, sweet, families for my class baby shower today!  It was so much fun to open gifts, eat treats, and to be able to talk about Scarlett’s arrival.  Your children will ALWAYS hold a special place in my heart – especially sharing special moments like these!  I can’t wait to tell Scarlett all about it and them when she grows up!  I feel like she already knows ALL their voices!  🙂

What LEARNING and GROWING went on in room 217 this week:

academics

Academics

ELA:  We continued to read Mayor Hubble is in trouble by Dan Gutman this week for our class novel. This has been a great novel to reinforce political words such as candidate, election, debate, campaign, and podium.   Our reading block also continued its focus on spelling and spelling patterns as well as inferences and inflections.  We took a spelling test on some spelling patterns we have been studying as well.  Lastly, we began Lesson 9 Wordly Wise.

Writing:  Students took to the computer lab this week to publish the final drafts of the story they had been editing the week prior.  We will continue to practice typing our final drafts in Word documents.  The students certainly enjoyed seeing their work come to life on the computer and feel VERY official.  You can help your child at home by teaching them the basics of typing such as proper spacing, font, sizing, color, etc.

Math:  We took Chapter 5 Math test and continued our practice of subtraction with re-grouping and solving multi-step word problems.

Social Studies – Native Americans and Pilgrims

index

Students of the week:

N/A – Short week!

calendar

Important Dates:

11/22- Thanksgiving dessert at 2:00

11/22 – Mrs. Saxon’s last day before maternity leave.

11/23-25 – Thanksgiving Break

12/8:  Class Photos

12/15:  Holiday Luncheon – Students and Parents

12/16:  Holiday Concert

12/17:  Breakfast with Santa

12/22:  Winter Break Begins

reminder

Reminders:

• The “FUNK” is out there and certainly had a hold of our class this week.  I hope everyone is back and feeling 100% very soon.
  • There will be no homework next week or over Thanksgiving break.  WOO! HOO!  Enjoy your time with family, play outside, READ!  I am so grateful for my wonderful family and class.
  • Please don’t forget to send in your items for our class dessert on Tuesday, the 22nd!
  • Mystery Reader Dates until I return (1:00 – 1:30):
  • November 18th:  Shannon Poole
  • December 2nd:  Carrie McCarthy
  • December 9th:  Carol Alford (Belle’s Gramma)
  • January 13th:  Julie Alford
  • January 27th:  Kara Pound
  • February 10th:  Ryan Held
  • February 24: Serena Arbuthnot
This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.