Here are some general “anytime” activities to help your child practice writing skills. Remember when your child is writing, phonetic spelling is great for them. Here is a letter that was sent home earlier this year. They should be spelling sight words correctly (let them use their folder) and simple words that follow the rules (bed, him, cab, fun, pot, etc).
- Use the sheet in your yellow folder to practice forming letters correctly. Write each letter slowly and neatly focusing on correct pencil grip and letter formation.
- Make lists: Grocery lists, classmates, places you’d like to go, colors, etc…
- Write about your daily activities.
- Write a make believe story. Who is your main character? What is the setting? What happens in the beginning, middle, and end?
- Research an animal, person, or place. Write facts that you learn.