This course will enable students to understand the ongoing development of civilizations by examining the past to prepare for their future as participating members of a global community. Students will use knowledge pertaining to history, geography, economics, political processes, religion, ethics, diverse cultures and humanities to solve problems in academic, civic, social and employment settings.
Students successfully completing this course will:
- Know important facts, concepts, and theories pertaining to World History
- Understand typical patterns of societal processes, behavior and their consequences
- Be able to analyze and interpret basic data relevant to World History
- Be able to critically analyze relevant theories and concepts, apply them appropriately, and develop connections throughout the course
- Meet state and district requirements for graduation