President: Jacob Hoelle (email: [email protected])
Vice Presidents: Regan Clark, Jenna Gay, Jane Hufnagel, Hannah Morell
Treasures: Mikayla Levine, Justina Griffith, Supriya Palli,
DECA News: Bartram Trail DECA sets new membership record this year with 213 members. Way to go officer team!!!!
**DECA MEMBERSHIP ACTIVITIES AND BENEFITS**
**All students enrolled in the VyStar Academy of Business and Finance are expected to join DECA, the leading career and technical student organization for business, finance, and marketing students. Complete and return the application to your business teacher: DECA Membership Application 15_16.
DECA members benefit from activities in DECA’s Comprehensive Learning Program. In addition to an official membership pin, DECA members receive four issues of DECA Direct magazine, have opportunities to attend conferences designed to prepare them for college and careers, can earn recognition and prove their knowledge in DECA’s Competitive Events Program, can earn their share of more than $300,000 in scholarships and more. DECA at Bartram Trail High School is open to all students in the VyStar and Fashion Design Academies.
**DECA MEMBERSHIP PREPARES EMERGING LEADERS AND ENTREPRENEURS**
By leveraging their DECA membership, members can become:
- academically prepared for college and careers in marketing, finance, hospitality or management
- community oriented by gaining an appreciation for the benefits of service and their potential impact on the community and world
- professionally responsible with ethics, integrity and high standards
- experienced leaders by practicing key leadership skills such as goal setting, consensus building and project management.
More than 190,000 DECA members are in 3,500 high school chapters in all 50 states and nine countries. For more information, visit www.deca.org or www.fldeca.org.
Competition Information: http://www.deca.org/high-school-programs/high-school-competitive-events/
- Catherine Farina, email: [email protected]
- Tim Davidson, email: timothy.davidson.stjohns.k12.fl.us