Below are student resources to practice skills we are learning in class.
Important links for students:
- IXL Math – log in using your username and password (make sure to put @valleyridge after username)
- Raz-Kids- log in using password, teacher name is: mcurtis38
These are to use with books you read at home. Using an organizer is a great way to increase student comprehension. It is a great idea to start a reading journal at home like we do at school. Just get a spiral note book and after reading a story have the student write the story’s title and author. Then have them complete a graphic organizer of their choice about the story, just glue it in the journal when complete.
- 5 W’s– To work on retelling the key details of a story.
- Venn Diagram– To compare two stories, characters, or a character to the child to work on connections.
- KWL– Know, Want to Know, What I learned
- BME– Beginning, Middle, End
- Sequencing– To recall events in order
- All the organizers you could ever want! – A site with a list of organizers and descriptions.