|Welcome to the Student Learning Center! Students are placed in the Student Learning Center – APEX Lab for the following reason(s):
– To replace a “D” or an “F” with a higher grade
– To earn enough credit to graduate with his/her graduating class
– To raise their GPA to the minimum required to graduate by earning higher grades in previous
Enrollment in the Student Learning Center is a privilege and should be treated as such. This is an opportunity for the student to make up credit to graduate on time with a high school diploma or advance to the next grade level. The Student Learning Center is a quiet zone so that all participants may fully concentrate on their work without distraction.
– Purple spiral notebook
– Ear buds
– Calculator, as needed for math and science courses.
Evaluation of Performance:
Each APEX course is a semester course, therefore students are expected to compete before or at the end of the semester, based on enrollment. Some of the courses include several teacher-graded assignments, some have only a few, and some have none at all. The official grade is final grade issued when the student complete their course. However, comments are entered on the student’s interim report as an indicator of how the student in progressing in the course.
Classroom Policies and Procedures:
- All school and county rules, including those pertaining to electronic devices will be followed and enforced in the Lab. Please review the Student Code of Conduct for more information.
- It is very important that the student realize that this is NOT a study hall, an open period to surf the web, stay in other classes to complete or make up work. Students must obtain permission from the Lab instructor prior to staying in another class.
- Students are not permitted to sleep or have their head down or eyes closed.to staying
- No food or drink is allowed in the Lab. Water in a container with a top is allowed but must be kept off the computer desks.
- Use of restrooms, lockers, and water fountains will be accomplished between classes. Passes will be issued for emergencies only and at the discretion of the instructor.
- Complete assignments on time and to the best of your abilities. Students are expected to complete a minimum of one-half credit course for each period/semester scheduled in the APEX Lab (i.e. scheduled one period, first semester = ½ credit; scheduled two periods, first semester = 1 credit).
- Problems with hardware or software must be reported to the instructor immediately.
- Students are NOT to change any settings on the computer (screen saver, Internet, etc.)
- Students are not permitted to go to any other website or back into a lesson for help when taking Pretests, Mastery Tests, Post Tests, and/or Semester Exam. Doing so will result in an “O/F” on the test/exam.
- Students are required to take notes as they progress though each lesson and work consecutively through module (not skip around).
- In addition to working in class, students may work through modules at home, if they have high speed internet access. However, all work must be done without assistance from family, friends, or other sources.
- All tests must be taken in class with the instructor. The students are permitted to use their own notes for all tests, except the pre-test.
- Any student who is consistently disruptive; does not make average progress through the assigned course; uses another person’s work or any other fraudulent or deceptive means to complete a test or assignment will face disciplinary actions.