Hello, my name is Brad Sheng. It is a great pleasure to return to Hickory Creek Elementary! This will be my seventh year here. Over the past years I have grown to truly love being a part of the Hickory Creek family. My greatest joy is derived from being able to nurture each child’s academic and independent growth over several years.
For those that this will be my first year working with you, I was born and raised just north of here in Jacksonville,FL. I graduated from the University of Florida with my Masters of Education. In my brief career as an educator so far I have worked in Gainesville, FL; Gambell, AK; and Oklahoma City, OK.
My role here at Hickory Creek Elementary this year is that of an instructional resource teacher. What’s that you ask? Hopefully the following bullet points will help give you a better understanding of what I will be doing.
- Co-teach with several grade level teachers in Reading and Mathematics
- Manage a caseload of students who have Individual Education Plans
- Provide direct specialized instruction
- Provide supported facilitation during instructional lessons and activities
- Provide behavioral strategies and supports
- Close the individual student’s academic and/or social gap to facilitate their success
This year, I am excited to be working with several wonderful teachers! In addition, I already know that I am working with many fantastic students and families, and cannot wait to see the gains and strides the students will be taking to reach their full potential. I look forward to getting to know you all and by all means, feel free to contact me via email at [email protected]