Happy New Year! Students focused on goal-setting this week! They created “New Year, New Me” mobiles to hang above their desks to remind them of their goals. Ask your child what they plan to STOP and START in 2019!
Speaking of goals and resolutions… students read “Be a Perfect Person in Just Three Days!” by Stephen Manes. Day 1 of the challenge was to wear a broccoli necklace for 24 hours. Moral of the story – NO ONE IS PERFECT… and that is o.k.! Practice makes progress… not perfect. 🙂
Measurement at work with partners
Thank you to Mrs. Charalambous for being our guest reader today! We enjoyed hearing “Mr. Peabody’s Apples” by Madonna and “Probuditi!” by Chris Van Allsburg. What great lessons on the importance of HONESTY and NEVER under-estimating the power of a younger sibling! 😉 We also super appreciate the delcious and nutritious snacks – Popcorn, veggie straws, pretzels, sardines, seaweed, and Vienna sausages! HA! Believe it or not, ALL snacks were consumed!
What LEARNING and GROWING went on in room 217 this week:
ELA: Class Novel: Be a Perfect Person in Just Three Days by Stephen Manes; the importance of following steps in a process; antonyms, synonyms, root words
Writing: Recording Facts
Science: The Human Body
Students of the week:
Colvin and Gianna
Thanks for having accountability and being KIND this week!
- 1/17: PTAO meeting at 8:35 am
- 1/18: Report cards on HAC
- 1/21: MLK DAY – Student/Teacher holiday
- 1/24: Mystery Reader – Brandon Goldberg
- 1/29: Permission slip and $3 due for traveling zoo
- 2/5: SAC Meetingat 3:00 in Media Center
- 2/8: Mystery Reader – Heather McMandon
- 2/7: Interims
- 2/14: Whitney Lab traveling zoo;
- 2/15: Teacher in-service day, student holiday
- 2/18: Presidents Day – Student/teacher holiday
- 2/21: PTAO Meeting at 6:00 pm, STEM NIGHT! Come see me!
- 2/22: Mystery Reader: Donna Swan
Save the date! 2nd Grade Swim Week – May 6 – 9 (make-up date May 10)