My mom (a retired 3rd grade teacher) came in for a special two day lesson on problem solving with pentominoes! Students abstract and spatial reasoning skills were put to the test!
What LEARNING and GROWING went on in room 217 this week:
ELA: Students began The 100 Dresses novel by Eleanor Estes. We also practiced word-analysis strategies, and took an interim exam.
Math: Geometry and Pentominoes
Students of the week:
Colby and Isla
Thank you for being respectful and thoughtful this week!
- 3/16: No school for students – teacher planning day
- 3/21: Biography project due
- 3/22: Class Book Fair Preview: 1:30-2:00
- 3/23: Field Day! Last day to meet A.R. Goal!
- 3/23: Report Cards go home
- 3/26-3/30: Spring Break
- 4/6: A.R incentive – kickball and DONUTS!
- 4/13: Mystery Reader – Jeanine Wihbey – 9:00-9:30
- 4/16: Lighthouse field trip!
- 4/23-26: i-Ready Reading testing
- 4/30-5/2: i-Ready Math testing
- 5/7-5/10: Swim Week!
- Yearbooks are on sale! $20!
- Please contact me if you are available to proctor for the FSA!
- Don’t forget to return field trip form for the light house!