Welcome! This year, we will continue our progress with the state’s curriculum and the completion of community based projects. This course requires students to demonstrate academic and hands-on skills that are related to the construction industry.
We are using the state adopted NCCER curriculum (http://www.nccer.org/curriculum). Students have the option to obtain NCCER industry certification. Students that are motivated to complete the academic and hands on requirements can apply for the certification.
Each week, I schedule a combination of academic and hands-on activities Students are always being prompted to improve their skills with safety, communication, and employability. Safety is always the 1st priority in my classroom/shop.
This page will often be updated with changes or added information. Please try to check this page on a weekly basis.
Current Big Projects/Activities
1. Industry Certification
2. Competition Team (Girls and Boys)
3. Completion of 10 lifeguard towers for beach this summer.
4. Development of Masonry Practice area (Pit) at outside of shop.
5. Completion/Installation of 4 large planter boxes at Otis Mason.
6. Greenhouse for STEM
7. PMHS Entrance makeover.
8. Industry Awareness Program (Visitors from a variety of industry trades/colleges)
Course Information (Guide)
4. Sheds Habitat for Humanity
5. School Picnic Tables Pedro Menendez
6. School Falcon Adirondack Chairs and a variety of furniture Pedro Menendez courtyard.
7. Green Table – Resotration Parks and Recreation