Email: [email protected]
What’s going on in the Murray Theatre Department:
- Rehearsals are underway for Schoolhouse Rock Live! (see below for details)
- In most classes we are working on Scenes, Songs and Tech Events to prepare for Jr Thespian Festival!
- One Act Showcase – Oct 9
- In-house Jr Thespian Festival – Oct 19
- School House Rock Live at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre Nov 6
- District 1 Jr Thespian One Act Festival – Nov 17
- District 1 Jr Thespian IE Festival – Dec 1
PERFORMANCE November 6, 2018!
REHEARSAL UPDATE October
OCT 15 Monday/Teacher Planning Day SHR CAMP!!! ALL ACTORS AND DANCERS 9:00 A – 2:30 Please send your student with a bag lunch and a snack
OCT 22 Monday Run Through with Dancers 2:15 – 4:30
OCT 23 Tuesday Working Rehearsal All Actors 2:15 – 4:00
OCT 25 Thursday RunThrough All Actors 2:15 – 4:00
TECH AND SHOW WEEK
OCT 29 Monday Full Run Through Actors, Dancers 2:15 – 5:00
OCT 30 Tuesday Full Run Through Actors, Dancers 2:15 – 5:00
OCT 31 Wednesday Dress Rehearsal FULL CAST 1:15 – 4:00**
NOV 1 TBA / keep open
- Schoolhouse Rocky (Opening)
- A Noun is a Person, Place or Thing
- Three is a Magic Number
- Unpack Your Adjectives
- Just a Bill
- The Preamble
- Do the Circulation
- Conjunction Junction
- Great American Melting Pot
- Elbow Room
- Interplanet Janet
“Yes, And . . .” A principle for improv, business & life.
“Yes, and . . . ” is a pillar of the Art of Improvisation. It’s the acceptance principle — when someone in a scene states something, accept it as truth. The “and” part of this principle means to build on that reality that has been set. This not only fosters a sense of cooperation but effectively moves the scene forward.
Hey There DRAMA Parents!
Are YOU are registered as an Approved Volunteer with the St. Johns County School District. Go to the district website to fill out the on-line school access form ( http://www.stjohns.k12.fl.us/volunteer/ ) Lots of Drama activities coming up! Be ready, Get approved!
See Jr THESPIAN PAGE on this website for what’s going on with Troupe 88467
State Website: Fl Jr Thespian website
Weekly Agendas for Drama classes…
Classes for the most part will be conducted with the following format: Warm-ups; Instruction/Activity/Rehearsal; Regroup & Wrap-up
DUE DATES for upcoming assignments will be posted here:
|DRAMA 1||DRAMA 2||DRAMA 3||DRAMA 4|