A Quick Look at Civics
with Mrs. Melgard
Here is the information that you will need to help your child be successful in Civics.
If you have any questions, please let me know.
My contact information:
Email: [email protected]
Field Trip: IMAX Parent Permission 2-Side
Homework This Week:
Calendar with dates and what to study…. Homework DAILY….
EOC Study Guide
(Click the link to see the homework)
Click Document Downloads on the left side of this page to find digital copies of this weeks assignments!
Note: These plans may change… check your child’s planner too!
Due: 2/28 Maroon and Stingray and 3/2 Silver
ADVANCED_SS.7.C.3.3 Executive Writing Assignment_If I was President
(If you purchased the binder… you are good for day one but it will need to be restocked throughout the year.)
- One spiral one-subject notebook
- Section in binder
- Pocket folder in binder
- Pencils, highlighter, colored pencils/crayons, scotch tape
- Ear buds
Pretty please items for the classroom (Any of these are appreciated!) Tissues, ream of copy paper, disinfecting wipes, paper towels, extra pencils, extra spiral notebooks, skinny dry erase markers
“Being prepared is half the journey.”
Units of Study:
Quarter One: Citizenship, Forms and Systems of Government, Foundations, Declaration of Independence, Articles of Confederation, Principles of the Constitution,
Quarter Two: Structure of the Constitution, Bill of Rights, Amendments, Political Parties and Voting
Quarter Three: Legislative Branch, Influencing Government, Executive Branch, Judicial Branch
Quarter Four: Civil and Criminal Law, the Court System, State and Local Government
The student will:
- Be courteous by allowing others the best learning environment.
- Come to class on time and prepared to work.
- Respect others and their property
- Will abide by the 6 Pillars of Character.
- Obey all state, county, school, team rules and classroom contracts.
Consequences for breaking the rules:
1. Verbal Warning
2. Counseling teacher and student)
3. Parent Contact (call, email, note in planner)
4. Detention/lunch detention/time out in another classroom
5. Dean Referral