Harrumph! Welcome to my website. My name is Warren McCrary. I teach Aerospace Technology 1, and Aerospace Technology 3 in the St. Johns County Aerospace Academy located at St. Augustine High School.
READ & HEED:
The Status Quo
(The existing state of affairs)
- I am the boss. We all have one. Worst case scenario is you will be someone’s boss. How will you inspire leadership?
- Respect. Respect me. Respect your co-workers. Respect adults. Respect the elderly, sick, and infirm. Respect those below you in age, status and stature. Do this and you will earn respect for yourself.
- Leave things alone. If it is not yours assume you do not have permission to touch it.
- You must remain absolutely quite during morning announcements, the pledge, roll call, and anytime a voice comes across the PA.
- You are not required to stand for the pledge of allegiance, but I do ask that you remain seated in a quiet and respectful manner.
- Cheaters never win! False, cheaters occasionally do win, but they do not prosper, which is even worse.
- Lying is despicable. You may successfully lie to me a few times, but know that when I catch you in a lie, our relationship changes forever.
- My Desk is my fortress. Do not remove, or lay anything on my desk.
- Learn to take correction, and press on in the right direction.
- Excuses will be scrutinized, deconstructed, and exposed. Use caution when offering me an excuse.
- Be creative, not destructive.
- I do not loan pencils, pens, or print papers for you. That is strictly your responsibility to show up to the job site prepared.
- Feel free to be a tattle tale, if someone is doing something wrong, the only right thing to do is to inform me immediately.
- Don’t know, or Don’t Care? Which one describes the root of your problem?
- A reality Check is worth every penny.
- Live your life in a deliberate manner. Deliberate living requires a goal, a plan, and work. If you work hard enough on your plan to reach your goal the useless distractions of the world tend to fade away. There are few things as satisfying as accomplishing a valid and worthy goal in life.
- Fish or Cut Bait.
- Practice does not make perfect. Perfect Practice makes perfect. Experience lets you know what you need to practice.
- If you have to make a choice and are unsure what to do, make the choice that affords the most options in the future. Don’t paint yourself in a corner.
- Have a plan. Have a plan with options. A plan is a starting point don’t be afraid to abandon a bad plan.
- Life is a race and in the end, it’s with yourself.
- Keep your head on a swivel.
- Situational Awareness. (See 24.)
- Measure twice, cut once.
- Continuous effort – not strength or intelligence – is the key to unlocking our potential.
- Takeoffs are optional, landings are not.
- Righty Tighty, Lefty Loosey.
- The ultimate test, is the test of life.