- If you have not sent in your motivational note for your student, please do so by Wednesday. I will need at least one by Wednesday and four more by March 24th!
- If you would like to be considered for a Kennedy Bus chaperone, you must let me know by this Wednesday. I will email out the list this week once we have the drawing.
Testing – Our FSA Writing will be on Thursday. Students will be given several articles and then asked to write an informative, opinion, or narrative piece based on them. We are fully prepared for this test and ready to rock it!
See below for what we are learning in our classroom!
Reading – We completed our 3rd DBQ about life in Florida. We are now working on main idea and how it correlates to writing. We will have a vocabulary test on this Friday. It is based on the academic vocabulary that we are learning in class.
Math – We will continue to work on measurement, area and perimeter. The students concluded their dock project and will present their proposals today and Monday. The combined test for this unit will be on Wednesday.
Science – We will be learning about sound, pitch, and vibrations.
Writing – We continue to work on our writing. Our goal is for students to be self-assessing at this point any areas they need to work on before our assessment in a couple weeks. We continue to work independently and as a class at best practices for writing.
- March 5th – FSA Writing
- March 12th – End of 3rd quarter
- March 13rd – 20th – Spring Break
- March 26th & 27th – FSA Math
- March 31st & April 1st – FSA Reading
- May 14th – Kennedy Field Trip
Thank you again for all the help and support you give to our classroom. As always if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me!