See below for what we are learning in our classroom!
Reading – We completed our novel study: Number the Stars. We will begin our next DBQ this upcoming week. This DBQ focuses on pioneer life in Florida.
Math – We will continue our unit on angles. We are learning benchmark angles, measurement of angles, and decomposition of angles. The test for this will be on Friday.
Social Studies – We will continue to look at the growth of Florida. This chapter focuses on immigration and how the economy changed the State.
Writing – We completed our opinion piece about the national parks. We will now begin writing a piece with the topic of clutter. I will continue to have conference with the students about best practices in their writing.
DE Testing – We will be having our DE testing for math and reading this week. This test is done electronically and enables us to identify strengths and weaknesses in students. This is our final test before FSA and I will be sending home your students results in their Tuesday folders on February 10th.
- February 2nd – Student Holiday
- February 13th – Valentine Exchange
- February 16th – Student Holiday
- February 18th – Wonderful Wednesday
- March 5th – FSA Writing
- March 12th – End of 3rd quarter
- March 13rd – 20th – Spring Break
- March 26th & 27th – FSA Math
- March 31st & April 1st – FSA Reading
- May 14th – Kennedy Field Trip
Thank you again for all the help and support you give to our classroom. As always if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me!