I believe that discipline in the classroom is the key to successful learning. I believe in creating a safe environment for my students and appreciate a supportive relationship with parents and guardians in regards to the maintenance of school wide discipline.
Classroom Procedures that students must follow:
*Raise your hand and wait for me to call on you before speaking.
*Silence in the hallway, single file line.
*When the sign is on “Class Discussion,” you may “chat quietly.” When the sign is on “Silence,” you must be silent.
*Stay in your seats, seated, with both feet under your desk. Heads up, chest to desk.
*No talking back or arguing.
Consequences of a student choosing to not follow the Classroom Procedures (listed above):
1. Name written on board
2. Lose half recess: For choosing to misbehave again
3. Lose whole recess/ privilege: For choosing to misbehave again
4. Call Parent/Guardian and Earn a Step on a Pre-Referral form (At the 4th Step, a Discipline Referral is issued.)
Discipline Referrals – A student may be issued a referral for any of the following events listed below:
- A referral is issued for extreme misbehavior.
- If a student is defiant or disrespectful toward myself as their teacher, they will receive a referral.
- Pre-Referral form – When a student reaches Step 4 of a Pre-Referral form, they will be issued a referral.