Mindy Gilleland M.S. CCC-SLP
|E-mail (preferred method of contact):||[email protected]|
Thank you for visiting my site and showing an interest in learning more about speech and language services available at Hickory Creek Elementary School. I am a certified speech language pathologist with over 14 years of experience working with children who have speech and language needs. Most of my experiences have been within a school setting either here in Jacksonville, FL or in my hometown area of Pittsburgh, PA. For the past 3 years I have been the speech language pathologist servicing students at Hickory Creek Elementary School. I am really looking forward to having another productive year!
For those of you who receive services to improve articulation skills, we are going to continue with our daily drills for all grade levels except kindergarten. Our staff at Hickory Creek Elementary has embraced this less invasive therapy strategy for our students who need to improve his/her speech sounds. Instead of 30 – 60 minutes chunks of time, I will be seeing the students for daily drilling sessions. For those of you who are new to Hickory Creek you may wonder, how will 5 – 10 minutes a day make a difference in my child’s speech?
- less instructional time missed
- less time in speech dealing with behavior management that occurs within a group
- more repetition for your child
- more individual attention specific to your child’s needs
- homework provided weekly specific to your child’s needs
- all of this together = faster carryover of learned skills!