Stop… Collaborate & Listen!

My Classroom Culture:

I strive to create knowledge-based learning communities, where my students develop shared understandings, collaboration, and evolve the value of multiple and diverse learning environments. These unified communities build upon the strength of my students and fellow teachers by encouraging students to ask hard questions, set goals,   lead conversations, and interact with people outside of the school environment, through interactive, online, Skype sessions with experts within our local communities.

By creating such engaged learning environments my role as the teacher has been shifted from the primary source of information to a more facilitative, and guiding role. I feel that this promotes an environment in which learners are encouraged to use constructive self reflection upon their discoveries, especially when students observe and apply thinking processes. These skills can provide a bridge between core classes and resources, allowing for greater success in every aspect of their academic journeys.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.