An important part of the academies at BTHS is teaching students about business dress. Employers and our academy advisory board inform us that people in general do not understand how to dress for professional business events. Provided here are guidelines for what to wear on Dress for Success day to earn an A (100 point grade).
- Students are required to comply with Bartram Trail Highs School DRESS CODE.
- Students are required to DRESS FOR SUCCESS (business casual attire as defined here) on the second Wednesday of each month. This opportunity is mandatory for all academy students and will count as a 50 percent grade each month.
- IRONED Clothes
- Must stay professionally dressed the entire day or will earn a zero grade.
- If absent on Dress for Success Day, the grade must be made up by Friday of the same week.
- If you forget to participate on Dress for Success Day, you may make up the grade for a C by Friday of the same week.
- Business Professional attire, a suit or conservative sports jacket will earn 5 points extra credit.
Girls . . . Guidelines to earn an A
- Dress pants (NO shorts, leggings, jeans, or capris on DRESS for SUCCESS day!)
- Business Style Dress (Appropriate length—in the vicinity of your KNEE; dress should not cling to your body and show your shape. Sleeveless should be avoid; wear a color coordinated cardigan if your dress does not have sleeves. NO maxi dresses on Dress for Success day!
- Business Style Skirt with Business Style Shirt (The shirt should NOT be tight, NOR show cleavage; Skirt should be an appropriate length—in the vicinity of your KNEE, and not cling to your body and show your shape. Sleeveless should be avoid; wear a color coordinated cardigan if your dress does not have sleeves. No maxi skirts on Dress for Success day).
- Dress shoes; 2” heal or lower. No boots or shoes that resemble flip flops (piece that comes down between the toes).
- Neatly groomed hair. Your hair should look like you made an effort to do something with it.
- Limited make-up; easy on perfumes; NO big jewelry, big hair accessories, or hats
- Maxi dress, maxi skirt, shorts, leggings, jeans, or capris = ZERO
- Clothes too tight or inappropriate shoes–warning the first time; ZERO after the first warning.
Boys . . . Guidelines to earn an A
- Dress Pants and belt; colors–black, dark blue, gray, brown, khaki; dark colors nothing bright or flashy
- Dress Shirt with tie; shirt neatly tucked into pants.
- Dress Shoes; NO athletic shoes; No white shoes or white socks, sandals, slides, or flip flops
- Hair neatly groomed
- Limit the cologne
- All or the above and NO tie = B
Dates for Dress for Success:
- September 12, 2018
- October 25, 2018 OR Academy T-Shirt
- November 14, 2018; Drafting 3 is November 9, 2018
- December 12, 2018; Drafting 3 is December 13 & Drafting 1 is Decmeber 18, 2018
- January 9, 2019
- February 13, 2019
- March 13, 2019
- April 10, 2019
NOTE: There will be additional dates for Dress for Success, depending on the class presentation scheule.
Please let me know within the first week of school if this is a hardship.