2017-18 Implementation: 6th through 8th Grades
St. Johns Technical High School faculty and staff will be working with 6th through 8th grade students toward being organized and successful this school year. We will be utilizing a 3” or larger trapper-keeper with a zipper as our main organizational tool for all students. Please make sure your child arrive to school on Monday, August 14th with all of the items on the supply list listed below.
- Trapper-keeper with 3” or larger ring and zipper (Recommend: Case it – The Mighty Zip Tab – available at Wal-Mart, Staples, Office Max, Target)
- 3-ring pencil pouch
- 12” Ruler w/holes
- (1) 5-pack Highlighters
- (2) Ring Binder Indexes – 8 tab pack
- (1) Pens – 12 pack – blue or black
- (1) College-rule paper – 100 sheets
- (2) Pencils – 24 pack
- (1) large glue sticks – 4 pack
- (2) large pink erasers
- (2) color pencils – 12 pack
- Hand held sharpener
- Spiral notebooks – 80-100 sheets
- (2) Green (2) Red (2) Blue
- (2) Yellow (2) Black (2) Purple
- Ear buds
- Combination lock (no key locks)
- Jump drive
- Calculator (Recommend: Ti30xa)
Please note: Middle school students may bring back packs to school. However, back packs will be placed in a personal locker at the beginning of the day and picked up at the end of the day.
In addition, here are some things that you can do to support and reinforce your child’s organizational efforts at home:
- Ensure that the agenda/planner is used as a tool for self-monitoring and comes with your child to school each day.
- Ensure that the supply pouch has the necessary materials.
- Ensure that you are checking spirals/trapper-keeper for handouts or communications that can be removed.
- Ensure that the organizational tool is arranged by academic-specific sections (for example, make sure that all subject-specific materials remain together, whether it is in the form of notes on loose-leaf paper or handouts).
- Ensure that the organizational tool is being taken care of and is kept neat, so your child is ready for a successful day at school.