A Quick Look at Civics with Mrs. Clarke
Here is the information that you will need to help your child be successful in Civics.
If you have any questions, please let me know.
My contact information:
Email: [email protected]
Civics Glossary: Glossary
Civics Supply List:
(If you purchased the binder… you are good for day one but it will need to be restocked throughout the year.)
- One, one subject spiral notebook.
- Markers or Crayons, highlighter, scissors
- Pencil and handheld pencil sharpener (Lots of pencils please… sharpened!)
- Scotch tape
- Sticky Notes (several packs)
- Box of tissues
- Ear Buds
Pretty please items for the classroom: ream of copy paper, notebook paper, disinfecting wipes, paper towels, extra pencils, extra spiral notebooks, skinny black EXPO markers, one gallon size Ziploc bags
“Being prepared is half the journey.”
Units of Study:
Quarter One: What is civics, Forms of Government, Roots of American Democracy, The Constitution
Quarter Two: Constitutional Amendments, The Bill of Rights, Supreme Court Cases, Political Parties,
Voting, Elections, Influencing the government
Quarter Three: Legislative Branch, Executive Branch, Judicial Branch, The Legal System
Quarter Four: State and Local Governments
Year at a Glance:
- Be courteous by allowing others the best learning environment.
- Come to class on time and prepared to work.
- Respect others and their property
- Will abide by the 6 Pillars of Character.
- Obey all state, county, school, team rules and classroom contracts
Consequences for breaking the rules:
1. Verbal Warning
2. Counseling (teacher and student)
3. Parent Contact (call, email, note in planner)
4. Detention/lunch detention/time out in another classroom
5. Dean Referral