Welcome to Miss Case’s Class Home Page
(Updated on: August 9, 2017)
Click the link below (or directly from my webpage) to access information for ALL 2nd Grade Classes…
CONTACT ME: My voicemail is not always the most reliable, so please contact me via e-mail (preferably) or send me a note. I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you!!
BOX TOPS: Please don’t forget to collect, and send in, your Box Tops!!!!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION (Meet the Teacher Note) …
Hi and Welcome to my 2nd Grade Classroom. I look forward to a wonderful year teaching your child!! Please read below (and on the back) for important information regarding this school year…
- Please put your child’s first and last name (or at least their initials) on EVERYTHING. This will eliminate any questions as to what belongs to whom.
- School hours: 8:30 a.m. – 2:50 p.m. (Wednesdays: 8:30 a.m. – 1:50 p.m.)
- Binders: Your child’s 3-ring binder will serve as a ‘home’ for your child’s homework and any papers that I need to send home. Please check your child’s 3-ring binder daily as the papers, important notes, school notes, reminders, etc. I ask that you take out all of the papers, review them, and have your child bring their binder back to school each day. Please feel free to send notes in it as well.
- Soft drinks, gum, and toys are not allowed in school. Please make sure that your child does not bring these to school (unless I contact you about a special occasion).
- I DO allow the students to bring in a ‘healthy’ snack each day as we don‘t eat lunch until 11:46 a.m. Please don’t send in candy, soft drinks, or sugar-packed snacks. Fruit, pretzels, granola bars, crackers, etc. are good, healthy snacks (we DO have a PEANUT ALLERGY – PLEASE DO NOT send in any peanut snacks, thank you). If you send in a snack that requires a fork/spoon, please send that in as well. I apologize, but I do not provide snacks for students who forget theirs.
- Please remember – Breakfast is crucial if your child is going to be successful in school. The snack is NOT intended to take the place of a good breakfast. It’s hard for students to concentrate and do their best if they are hungry. Again, we do not each lunch until 11:46 a.m.
- Birthday Goodies: If you would like to send in a ‘treat’ to celebrate your child’s birthday at school, please make sure it is something “easy” (cookie, cupcake, brownie… NO PEANUTS PLEASE) that the students can eat during our ‘snack’ time. Please do not send in a cake that needs to be cut, ice cream that needs to be scooped, etc. Please save these bigger treats for home parties. Also, if a treat requires a plate or utensil, please send those in too. Thank you for your assistance with this!
- MONEY: Please, please, please send in the exact amount of money when paying for anything (shirts, field studies, etc.) as I can’t make change, and the front office can’t either. I’ll have to send the money back home if it’s not the exact amount. SORRY, and thank you!!!
- P.E.: Please make sure your child has proper shoes (no sandals or Crocs) for P.E. days. Students may also want to bring a hat, sunglasses, and water to P.E. (and Recess) as well.
The best way to contact me is via e-mail. You are welcome to send in a note as well. Please feel free to e-mail me at school: [email protected]
- I also have a classroom web page, and we have a 2nd Grade Team Page as well. Please check this OFTEN as I have my Monthly Newsletter, Important Dates, an All-Subject pages, Student Sites, etc. on there. You can access my web page from our Palencia Elementary School web page. Here’s the link as well: http://www-pes2.stjohns.k12.fl.us/casej/
I hope this information is useful to you, and I look forward to having your child in my class this year. Here’s to a WONDERFUL school year! Sincerely, Miss Case
Lunch Time is from 11:46-12:16 a.m., Table #15
Resource Time is from 10:55-11:30 a.m. and we’re on an 8-day Rotating Schedule, NOT including Wednesdays. Please see below for the schedule…
A- OPEN B – MEDIA C – P.E. D – OPEN
E – ART F – OPEN G – P.E. H – MUSIC
WISH LIST ITEMS that can be sent in ANY time during the school year… Thank You!!
- Kleenex/Facial Tissue
- Paper Towels
SCHOLASTIC BOOK CLUBS are ON-LINE
I send home Scholastic Book Orders in your child’s “Binder” on a monthly basis. But, you can also view and order the books online. Please note that ALL Scholastic Orders have to be ordered AND paid for online. I cannot accept any Scholastic orders or payments. Thank you so much!!
Online Ordering Information: Web address: www.scholastic.com/bookclubs
Class Activation Code: GNW6T
Sometimes the right book is all it takes to nurture a child’s love of reading. That’s why I’m pleased that our class will be participating in Scholastic Book Clubs this school year.
The Book Club flyers I’ll be sending home each month are full of just-right, affordable books and Storia™ eBooks for every age and reading level.
Thank you for helping grow your child’s love of reading and for supporting our class.
Sincerely, Miss Case (PS: If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me)
P.S. When you place your order online, you’ll help earn FREE Books for our class and you also get a $5 FREE Book Pick Coupon to use on your next online order!
Ordering online is fast and easy:
- REGISTER at www.scholastic.com/bookclubs
- ENTER the Class Activation Code at the top of this letter
- CHOOSE from thousands of print titles, value packs, and Storia eBooks
- SUBMIT the order to your child’s teacher
- EARN FREE Books for you and the classroom too!
IMPORTANT: Please note that my “Miss Case’s News” Newsletter can be accessed by using the link to the left labeled “Newsletter” under “Class Links.” I have also included a link to ‘The Last Newsletter’ in ‘CASE’ you missed it. =) My Newsletter is monthly, but I will add to it (and include a “revised date” so you know when I’ve added to it) as often as possible.
The class links at the top-left, will help you navigate through the various pages on my website.