* Identifying letters, identifying sounds, and practicing writing uppercase and lowercase letters correctly.
* Syllables: you can clap it out, tap it out, or talk like a robot to figure it out! (table=2 syllables)
* Vowels: practice your short vowel sounds daily! Put a consonant in front and have your child blend it…they think it is so funny! (ex: ta, te, ti, to, tu)
* Practice retelling the story by talking about the beginning, middle, end. Use transition words to help: first, next, the, last
*Read aloud to your child and have them echo your reading.
*Looking closley at the pictures to see how the illustrator both supports and adds to the story.
* Practicing correct letter formation.
* Make sure your sentence starts with a capital, has spaces, and ends with punctuation.
* Adding labels to our pictures by identifying at least the beginning/ending sound and writing them down.
* Creating great pictures by adding details and many colors.